Outwood Primary Academy Greystone has a total fund allocation of £17,230.00 for 2019/20 Sports Premium.
Following the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Government has made a commitment to invest over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
They have done this by offering each primary school £8000 plus £5 per pupil to be spent in any way the school thinks best to improve the teaching and learning of PE and School Sport in their individual school. Schools and academies determine how best to spend their allocation.
The academy has engaged in a range of sporting competitions during 2018/19 in the local cluster of schools and as part of the Trust Primary sports events. Notable achievements included:
● 102 children, 68%, took part in sporting competitions outside of the academy.
● 150 children, 100%, took part in Sports Day 2019, two, hour long sessions of PE a week and the Daily Mile.
● Lunchtime provision was reviewed and additional equipment purchased to ensure that a range of opportunities was available for children. Play Leader training has ensured that this equipment has been well utilised.
● 100% of children attending Karate, were successful in being graded.
● In the Ripon Cluster Gymnastics competition, OPAG took first place.
● In the OPA Dance competition, OPAG took second place. ● In the OPA Football competition, OPAG took third place.
● 4 Sports clubs ran throughout the year; 86, 57% of children attended these. Many of these were subsidised in order to ensure access for all.
● Additional PE resources were purchased to ensure that the PE scheme of work can be fully implemented.
● The Joint Sport Leader, Mrs Dalton, completed PE Leadership CPD in the form of L5.